Monday, August 11, 2014

A Little Parched Perhaps?

My mom came in town last week and stayed through the weekend.  Since my stepdad passed away a month ago and my mom was taking care of him, she hadn't seen our new home yet.  I was so excited for her to see the home I worked so hard to be able to afford, not to mention a home that Sidekick and I love so much!  Sidekick was so excited to give her the tour (even though he was at school when I picked her up from the airport, so she had already seen it).  Seeing him give her the tour was so much fun because I could see how much he loves it here!

We had a busy weekend at a children's museum, a building activity at a hardware store, running errands, hanging things on the walls of our new home, playing with our new neighbors, etc.  Probably the highlight of her time here was when we went the park.  It was a park we hadn't been to yet, and it had a splash pad that slanted, so the water moved down like a river.  We had avoided that area like the plague because I didn't have his swimsuit, towel, etc.  We succeeded for a while, but towards the end, he became curious.  He went over and just looked and reaching to touch the water as best as he could.  After about 15 minutes, he walked into the water. I didn't care what others would think, so I stripped him down to his diaper and let him have fun. For whatever reason, he thought it would be a good idea to get a drink.

 
 
I laughed so hard when he did this!  He did this off and on over about a 15 minute timeframe.  I had to get my phone out of my car so I could capture this image.  I have no idea what possessed him to do this, but everyone thought it was funny and a few people even took a picture of him.  So here sits Momma and Grandma laughing uncontrollably at a kid who is inappropriately dressed for the occasion and probably catching the plague, which we were trying so desperately to avoid. I don't care.  He was so happy and two year olds should be able to do goofy things like this!  

1 comment:

  1. That is great! You should think of entering it into a photo contest!

    ReplyDelete