Thursday, January 8, 2015

2 1/2 Years Old!

People told me when Sidekick was born to get ready for how fast time goes.  I never believed it, but holy crap were they right!  Today Sidekick turns 2 1/2 years old!  I really can't believe it.  When I was pregnant with him, I tried to imagine what he would be like as a baby.  When he was born, I tried to imagine what he would be like when he was one.  When he was one, I tired to imagine what he would be like at two.  Here I am six months later, and I am still amazed at this little creature I made and grew inside of me.

I never imagined:
  • He would be fully potty trained all day/night by 2 1/2.
  • He would be playing on a soccer field all by himself.
  • He would know all of his letters and be able to read 25ish words.
  • He would be able to count to 20.
  • He would be such a helper: feeding Dog and giving her medicine, loading washing machine, emptying dishwasher, sweeping, etc.
  • I would be having full blown conversations with him.  (I literally just thought at this point he would be starting to form sentences.)
  • He would be so sweet, loving, and kind.  When he does things that are "good" or "right", he follows it up with, "That make you happy?"

I never imagined he would be so funny and say such funny things without even knowing they are funny:
  • "*Sidekick*, should we get some gas?"   "Yeah, Momma, I need some ass!"
  • "Momma, there is pee pee in my penis."
  • Sidekick likes to tell me if people are boys or girls. I'll ask him about different people in his life and he'll answer, "Boy" or "Girl".  After playing this game for a while in the car, I asked him about Dog.  He quickly said with complete irritation for such a stupid question, "Momma, Ah-mee (what he calls Dog), is a puppy dog!"
  • "Ah-mee (what he calls Dog), dontcha lub me?  Why you no snuggle wit me?"
  • I was getting Sidekick out of the car and he accidentally hit me with a book he wanted to take to school.  Without pause he said, "Sorry, Honey" and started walking in the building.
  • "I like dead raccoons." He said after seeing road kill on our way to soccer.
  • "Why I go school, Momma?  I can't see."  (We had an abnormally early morning because I had to get to an early sales presentation and it was still dark.)
  • "Momma no have a penis???  Momma have a butt???" (When getting him ready for bed one night. Not sure what prompted that.) 
  • "Nice to meet you, Moon." (Sticking his right hand out and reaching for the sky.) 
  • "Momma, don't zip my penis."
  • "I'm not a monkey, Momma. I *First and Last Name*." (He quietly said that out of the blue in the car on the way home from soccer.)   
So, 2 1/2 years into his life, and I think we've done a pretty good job getting through each day and living life to the fullest.  Next week I have a sales conference so I won't see Sidekick for five days.  My mom is coming in town, so I won't worry about him, but as we've been talking about me being gone, Sidekick will say, "Don't leave me, Momma."  Breaks my heart but makes me happy that I am his world because he is mine. 

1 comment:

  1. In the blink of an eye he will be 7 1/2 and you will have no idea how that happened. You'll still remember the first night at home with him-- a tiny newborn. Take it from me, enjoy the next 5 years!

    ReplyDelete