Thursday, November 5, 2015

Halloween and the Threenager has Disappeared

I have gotten a grip on my Threenager once again.  How in the world can a little pint sized body control adults so much???!!!

I posted on a Mom's Forum the struggle I was having with Sidekick and asking for suggestions that didn't result in an F'n reward chart.  Many disagreed with the fact that I didn't take Sidekick to Karate after he was being an asshole at school. They said the punishment should have fit the crime, and since the crime was at school, the punishment shouldn't have been at school.  It got me thinking, but I still stand by my punishment.  Why should he get the privilege of doing something fun when he was shitty all day at school? No way.  He didn't deserve that special activity. 

Anyway... it's tough to ask questions (why is why I like the anonymity of a Forum and even my blog) because some will agree and some will disagree. I need to find a system that works for us. One mom suggested a Coupon system in which her kids get a coupon for doing something good (randomly coupons are given), BUT (and this is what I like), Coupons can be taken away!!!  I believe in consequences for actions, and let me tell you that Sidekick does not like when one is taken away.  His "prize" that he chose for getting ten coupons is going out for ice cream.  It's Thursday, and he doesn't have his ten Coupons yet, but it's hard when he's at school all day.  But he'll get them, and he's been doing great!

At school, every day the week leading up to Halloween had a theme.  One of his faves was crazy hair day. He was a pretty cool dude! 


Halloween was great!  He was the leader of the pack, running from house to house.  He was sweet and grateful.  He had so much fun and was sad when Halloween was over. He can't seem to understand when he will be able to celebrate again.   I remember the disappointment of something ending when I waited so long for it to come.  I still have that disappointment sometimes, like when a favorite TV shows ends forever or a vacation comes to an end. It's such a bummer.  Anyway, being a pirate was so fitting since he is obsessed (okay, I am too) with skulls and crossbones. He definitely played the part well.  I love this boy so much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment