Monday, March 14, 2016

Losing It! Confession

This parenting thing is hard. It is mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting. In less than three months, Sidekick has been really sick two times, both lasting one week each. He is now really sick again, and once again, I find myself in trouble with balancing him and work since he can't go to school. Work has been harder and more stressful than ever, and I am so overwhelmed.

To add to my plate, Sidekick is having surgery on the 21st. He's been diagnosed with mild hearing loss (hopefully due to fluid in his ears that has been there for months) so he's getting tubes. Easy surgery, right?  Add the removal of tonsils and adenoids, and it's a whole new level of recovery. He'll be home for two, yes two, weeks!  We don't enjoy being trapped inside laying around, so two weeks is a long time to be stuck at home. If this doesn't push me over the edge, nothing will. 

For the past several months, I've literally been going through the motions. I've been doing what I can to keep it together and keep our little family as stable as possible, trying to keep my son happy and healthy (unfortunately not very successfully), and trying to keep myself sane while juggling everything. I admit it... It's really hard doing it all alone.

I haven't worked out in months because I choose to pick up Sidekick from school at a decent hour instead of go for a run (which is not good for me mentally or physically).  I have no idea when I've done a big grocery store run because I have just enough time to run in and grab what I need to get by.  Three inches of my hair got cut off because I hadn't gotten it cut in four months because I couldn't fit it into my jam packed world. I have had TMJ so badly for several weeks that it keeps me up at night. I need a root canal and crown, but it just doesn't fit into my schedule. For the first time since Sidekick was born, I truly feel stressed and that my life is spinning out of control. 

And now with Sidekick being sick, surgery might be cancelled because he has to be fever free one week before. 

So... Being a Momma is hard, and being single Momma is even harder. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the same way. Wish we were neighbors!

    ReplyDelete